Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Take Time Today

I don't know, nor do I particularly care, what your experience with this girl is, because that won't shake how in my eyes she will always be extraordinary. Our friendship began in a 2nd grade classroom in 1997 and little did we know we would never be the same. It's rare to find such a gem like her, the gem of being friends with her and being taken so quickly under the wings of her family. She taught me how to ride a bike , how to listen to good music, how to swim, how to use my creative outlet with all I got, how to correctly pronounce words in English that I was constantly getting all wrong and with that how to laugh at yourself. She encapsulates beauty, loyalty, gentleness and fearlessness.
There's not many things or people I hold onto in life. As time goes on, things change and people often pass you by,but Grace oh Grace I never quite managed to run away from her.

She held on to me and I held onto her.

It's not her birthday & she's very much alive, this is just a tribute to a friend who has seen me in so many phases of life , who I love dearly, who never stopped loving me, who I just want to take the time on this random Tuesday afternoon,to broadcast my appreciation for her friendship. She is my first (other than the brothers) & truest friend, the kind of friend who brings you back to summer days as a 7 year old all over again.

I was filled with a sense of urgency,after spending some with her this past weekend, to not let her words remain unspoken.These words that brought me to tears when I 1st received them in the mail in August, were words that were meant to be shared before others. 

We too often for one reason or another, leave meaningful words such as these unspoken, - especially regarding the people we love most- I thought why do we do that? Why do we leave things unspoken or unwritten? We so readily dispose of words daily without so much as a second thought, WHY NOT TAKE TIME TODAY,  take time this Tuesday, every Tuesday, no EVERYDAY, to speak those meaningful words unto others, for no reason other than not wanting to leave those words unspoken, unread or unheard. Besides you never know the effect your meaningful words can have, until you take time *TODAY* to say them.

Her speech intended for our casamento:
I met T when we started second grade together. I was sitting by myself and she had a small group of other students surrounding her - talking up a storm as always ! She saw me sitting alone and walked up to my desk - and without so much as knowing my name - she said hi my name is Thressa want to be Best Friends? And she hasn't been able to shake me since.

 We went to school together for under two years she moved a lot butalways remember my home phone number and she was never too far for me to ride my bike to.
Through The 16 years that we've been friends we have watched each other GROW and  experience life in 1 million different ways. Our styles grew different. our tastes in food was different, our views on religion grew different. She kept me on my toes. She keeps me grounded.
She is the most independent woman I know. 
SO,when she told me that she truly had feelings for this boy she met at school you can imagine my skepticism.
I was terrified at the thought of some guy coming in taming her free spirit; the wild wanderlust that I had grown to love & admire so much.
I knew Greg was in it for the long-haul when he patiently waited back home,while T traveled around the world- literally -during her semester at sea. 
He wanted her to thrive & explore & to create amazing memories without him.of course it was difficult for him and he missed her tremendously- but he didn't let his feelings get in her way. WELL When her ship docked in Florida at the end of the semester he was not willing to wait for her to get back to Nyack. The dreamboat flew to Florida and met her right there on the dock and that's the night they shared their first kiss!! 
HE DOESN'T HOLD HER BACK.
HE DOESN'T TRY TO TAME HER.
and he lets her eat all the food she wants ( and we all know that's a lot).
So cheers to Mr. Greg & Mrs. T irving! I  am very honored to have watch this relationship grow,  I'm so thankful for your friendship and that you have found each other. I love you "



No comments:

Post a Comment