Monday, February 9, 2015

Metade-versary

" When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody,
you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible" - Nora Ephron

So 6 months ago today, we did just that.
We pulled a Harry met Sally, and started the rest of our life as soon as possible.
And we must have been having fun, because time has just FLOWN by.

So briefly before this day comes to a close,and completely vanishes before our eyes,
I decided to write a Metade-versary post if you will,
reflecting on the journey of this dreamer & my beloved realist,
venturing into the unknown as husband & wife,
in the form of a few words & a wedding photo that encapsulate what that month has been to us.
August- The month that was all a dream
 
 we used to read word up magazine,okay actually we haven't but I just couldn't resist.

This month we woke up GOT MARRIED 
went to a honeymoon in the breathtakingly beautiful Punta Cana, DR 
flew back, woke up 
and were still officially living the dream.
Believe it or not, marriage was never an essential dream for this dreamer,
but how sweet it is to have a God who knows me far better than I know myself.
Who knows how to fulfill the dreams I never even knew I had.
                             September- The month where we adjusted
 
I officially adjusted my last name from a DaSilva to an Irving,
he adjusted to my blanket and bed hogging ways.
We adjusted to our new home, new (for us) furniture,
 and the new deep responsibility that comes with this great power of being husband & wife.
October- The month where we had a blast 
& just wanted to lay down.
"Fall the time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale"-L.DeStefano. We quickly learned we loved the fall, and a minute of enjoying its beauty together was not to be wasted. In laws visiting, hiking, cider brewing& sipping, Choctoberfest, weddings, applepicking, $3 booritos, Blaze, & street fairs. 
Such a blast & so exhausting.
November- The month where we did my favorite things.
 
Breakfast in bed, scavenger hunts, blessing strangers,spontaneous adventures to a foreign country, appreciating nature, a surprise birthday party from some of our favorite people, going somewhere we've never been, starting this blog, and delicious thanksgiving meals with both of our crazy families.
As for my most favorite- Jesus - I was constantly reminded of His love for me this month by my husbands intentionality to show me carinho.

December- The month where we followed

  " Blessed are the feet of those who bring the good news", even when our feet realized they would soon pivot towards PA. With December of course came Christmas & our new traditions of AnnVoskamp's Advent Calendar and real Christmas trees. But this first December of ours was also filled with resume editing, applying to jobs, interviewing, and the beginning of our waiting process.
   January- The month where it seemed like all we did was drive
We drove to spend New Years in the City, drove a U-Haul to move out of Nyack and  into Pennsylvania, drove to Washington D.C.,  drove to visit friends in the city & family in New Jersey, drove to interviews in Lancaster & Hershey Pennsylvania, drove to visit fr-amily in Virginia. Some of our fondest memories we've had so far as husband & wife; the sharing of our trials, victories, hurts, apologies, laughter, prayers, and hopes took place in our batmobile just driving.
February-The month where we celebrate loving;
God, eachother & our family
         When you get married life doesn't stop, 
and we knew that full well 6 months ago today,
 when we chose to forever dance in the minefields together-as husband & wife- for life.

This month we've been transitioning, WAITING, trusting, and remembering;
 our God - our unshakeable Love- who roots us,
our family who unconditionally supports us,
and our covenant to another.

6 months 184 days. Half a YEAR ! Happy Metade-versary my Gregory <3
I am so thankful for every moment of this relationship,
you drive me banana's & I drive you nuts, 
but when I look at this picture of our moms & sister watching us dance,
all I can think of is " there's something there that wasn't there before"
 Each day in all it's simplicity is better than a fairytale,
because I wake up beside you & I'm stillliving the dream ;)
 I thank God for your life, & for bringing us together
I see Jesus in you more than you or perhaps many will ever know.
You are kind, hilarious,intelligent, focused, patient,carinhoso, meu favorito, 
& now you're cansadinho so I'm finishing this so we can go to bed.
Te Amo Mais meu amor !








No comments:

Post a Comment