Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Untold Story of When God LITERALLY Saved my Husband.

Today, Greg went four wheeling with his Dad and Dave.
I spent the day with his mom, going out and about.

But all throughout the out and about of today
 in the back of my mind echoed this truth:
God saved my husband.

Truly.
About 8 years ago, these group of gentlemen - minus Dave & plus Neil- went four wheeling
and my father in love had such a blast, he claimed it the best day of his life,
up until Greg got in an accident.

Somewhere /somehow his four wheeler flipped,
 as did he
my beloved Gregory.

I tell this story, because this blog is to testify of God's goodness and mercy in our life,
and his leading us into the unknown of everyday.

Along with a broken femur, and some other injuries
Greg wasn't coming out of his surgery induced coma.

Obviously you know how the story ends,
Greg came out of the coma,
his femur healed,
 and he's my husband
 HALLELUJAH !

But what of that week?
What of that anguish felt by his loved ones, pre-Thressa?
What of the tears wept,the desperation,the prayers cried out,
and the sharp heartache of being completely unable to bring him back to life.

From what I know his faith filled mom's anthem became

"Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name "

As you know we moved to PA,
and as we packed we sorted clothes to keep toss or donate
 We came across his dingy shirt he was wearing when he got in his accident,
and without thinking twice Greg said "Toss".
"Greg of  course not because when we see it we'll remember GOD SAVED YOU",
with that mature portrayal of persuasion skills,or perhaps his lack of desire to fight it he agreed.

In the Bible they set up altars to remember the work God has done,
keeping this dingy shirt was my little way of setting up an altar,
 to remind me of God's mercy of saving my husband before I even knew he existed.

Often we want to forget.
Forget the pain,forget the sadness, forget being helpless.
But oh what a joy to remember,
what deep appreciation there is in remembering;
our humanity, our deep need for God, and how He provides.
That in the helpless time of our lives,we'll remember where our help comes from.

Now we sit here me typing;
 as Greg and Dad in-love eagerly pour out their stories to Mom in-love and me from their adventure.
Laughter fills the room as they regain warmth on this 28 degree winter day.
My faith filled mom in-love is relieved,
and I'm just over here telling the story,
of when God brought my husband out of the coma and into life.

But not only does God bring us to life,
he redeems all our sadness & pain,
for the beautiful things in life;
 thankfulness, laughter and exposing the intimate vulnerable moments of life
to remember,encourage others, and bring God praise.




No comments:

Post a Comment